Saturday, October 8, 2011

31 Days - Day 8

It was a busy day.

Ladybug's children's choir sang for the Fall Festival up at the college. They did a lovely job!

Following the performance, we had lunch at home. I put on some 80's music and cleaned the kitchen and then messed it up again by baking. I baked some bread and some chocolate chip cookies so that we could have food to take on the road tomorrow instead of eating out before going to Ladybug's clarinet lesson.

It has been chilly and RAINY all day today (woo hoo - we NEEDED this rain), therefore, my plans for sausage potato soup fit perfectly.

After that I checked my email messages and found out that my dear Looper friend's baby daughter's health is declining. She posted that dear little Elizabeth will be with the Lord soon. I really wish I could be there to hug her.

I posted this verse of a hymn on her Caringbridge site:

Who so happy as I am, Even now the Shepherd's lamb?
And when my short life is ended, By His angel host attended,
He shall fold me to His breast, There within His arms to rest.

(I Am Jesus' Little Lamb, vs. 3, LW 517)

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Perfect choice of hymn. Amen.

Angela Flies said...

I agree with Cheryl. Prayers to this family. May they be wrapped in faith and love.