Apple Crisp
3 large gala apples (that's the kind I used)
1/4 C. water
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C almond flour
1/4 C butter (melted)
Put apples in a baking dish, sprinkle with spices, water and vanilla. Work sugar, flour and butter as for pie and sprinkle over apples. Bake until apples are done, about 30 minutes in 350 degree oven.
Now, here's my little trick. I made this once and there was quite a bit of liquid left from the water, vanilla and natural apples juices. I saved the liquid and used it to pour over the apples the next time I made this. I only added the sugar, flour and butter mixture on the top. Oh my - it was sooo good!
2 comments:
Not a big apple crisp fan, but sounds good and easy...might have to try it.
It's 10pm and I'm waiting...waiting...waiting for Friday's post. I can't make it much longer...like 5 more minutes. Last night I didn't make it past 8:30pm...man, I'm old. teee heeee
Post a Comment