Grandpa's birthday was today. Since Angela was writing memories on my comments section from yesterday, I will run with it. :)
We are so very blessed to have what I would consider the best grandparents in the world. And we were also blessed to have been able to visit with them for so much of our lives. We still have two grandparents living.
Grandpa was a Lutheran pastor. I loved his dedication to serving God's people. I love the fact that my Grandpa baptized me, but when it came to my wedding, he kindly declined any part in the ceremony because he wanted to be there as "Grandpa". I loved hearing his stories about his trips to the Holy Land. I loved the time I was visiting them as a child and got pink eye and he was my "doctor". He made sure he did every set of eye drops faithfully. I, too, loved being called "Little One" even after I was an adult and married. I remember his smile because it seems like he was always smiling. I loved posing for pictures in front of the Nativity Scene that they set up each Christmas. Yes, the camper was fun to run around the circle of the house. At least, they always knew where we were by when the camper would rumble across the kitchen floor! I loved looking at all the woodworking he did. I loved that he wrote a book so that I have his words with me.
Those are just a few of my memories. I thank the Lord for the blessing my Grandpa was in my life. I look forward to the happy reunion we will all have in heaven someday.
1 comment:
Oh...love the memories!! I, too, remember his smile so much. I remember the story of in his final days when Aunt Jerri told him it "was ok to go" and his response was..."do you believe you are bigger than God?" Enough said.
I thought you might run with my lead on grandpa's memories! But that's good...because I love it!
Of course I must say something not necessarily about grandpa...but about grandma and grandpa's house. They had the knitted white christmas tree centerpiece that grandma always put the little chocolates in. It had the center circle on the top where one fit perfectly. I still laugh at the picture that was taken of me as I was trying to crawl across the table to get to it! haha!
The bible that I have from grandma and grandpa reads..."Dear Angela, may you find this Book "The Book", a source of strength and comfort for many years. God's word is "the power of God unto salvation." God keep you strong. Grandma and Grandpa Pullmann
So, what inspiration can I give for today's blog...hmmmmm....
A friend of mine has a little girl that is going through Chemo in Omaha right now - actually had a transplant today...so I will latch on to her bible verse today...
"So do not fear, for I am with you; d not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand". Isaiah 41:10. Praying for strength for them today as well as our other friend that has been at Mayo!
Post a Comment