Alrighty then. Sister, Angela thinks that I should blog 31 days in a row. We'll see about that. But, hey, since I blogged about blogging - that was day 1. :)
I think for day two I'll cover one of those lovely Facebook status reposts. This one was about to make me shut down my account due to the number of people who reposted it! (NOT because I believed it!) I decided to consume chocolate instead.:
FACEBOOK JUST RELEASED THEIR PRICE GRID FOR MEMBERSHIP, $9.99 PER MONTH FOR GOLD MEMBER SERVICES, $6.99 PER MONTH FOR SILVER MEMBER SERVICES, $3.99 PER MONTH FOR BRONZE MEMBER SERVICES, FREE IF YOU COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE BEFORE MIDNIGHT TONIGHT. wHEN YOU SIGN ON TOMORROW MORNING YOU WILL BE...PROMPTED FOR PAYMENT INFO...IT IS OFFICIAL IT WAS EVEN ON THE NEWS, FACEBOOK WILL START CHARGING DUE TO THE NEW PROFILE CHANGES, IF YOU COPY THIS ON YOUR WALL YOUR ICON WILL TURN BLUE AND FACEBOOK WILL BE FREE FOR YOU. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON IF NOT YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED IF YOU DO NOT PAY
1. It amazes me to think that some people would believe that you have to repost this stuff instead of receiving an official notification on your Facebook account. Other times that they have added or changed things that needed our action, there was a note at the top of the page after we log in. Oh, maybe they forgot how to do those notes while they were reprogramming, that's it...
2. It is interesting to think that Facebook wouldn't charge any of it's members who reposted this statement. Really? Why not? For how long?
3. Someone pointed out that all the icons on Facebook are blue... so... how could you tell you are "safe"? Nice one.
4. What on earth is the Gold, Silver and Bronze membership grid? That's kind of funny. Do you only get one status update a week for a Bronze membership? Or maybe they limit the number of friends you can have.
5. "Copy and paste before midnight tonight..." When is tonight? Maybe it was last night. What time zone? Bummer.
6. "When you sign in tomorrow morning, you will be prompted for payment info". I've got that one covered... DON'T SIGN OUT. Problem solved.
7. "It was even in the news" Really? Did you know that there's a link button and you can link that little story right there in your status update? Funny... I never saw even ONE link to a news story.
I have to wonder if there's someone in "Facebookland" making this stuff up and then monitoring how many people will actually repost. I've always wanted to make up a ridiculous one of my own and see how far it would go.
Is there any interesting thoughts that I missed on this one?
6 comments:
Hmmmmm thought I left a response from my blackberry earlier...oh well. Take 2...
I always chuckle at the FB posts about charging, etc. Go ahead and charge...they will lose everyone. But what amuses me even more is all the posts everyone makes up after that about doing the macarena on a table, video and put on you tube, etc.
Dad...what do you think? Oh...nevermind you are anti-facebook. :)
I am going to quit because they are going to charge me after midnight and I don't want to stay up, unless I have to let the Dogs out. DE
You're comment showed up in my email, but never showed up here... odd!
I think you are on to something, Ang... maybe it is DAD who is starting all the bogus Facebook status re-posts.
Hmmm...
He keeps changing identity too. Poor man is suffering an identity crisis.
:)
these posts are entertaining....Cheryl...welcome to the family circus! I'm the Mom/wife .....not sure I should admit that! Lynne
Hahahaha! Mom's been lurking! Probaby because I keep calling Dad laughing...read my post!! :)
Hi Lynne! Thanks for the shout out. You have quite a crew here! :-)
Post a Comment