Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 Days - Day 20

I'm over halfway there on this 31 day thing. Whew!

Yesterday, we had a fun afternoon. We spent time with another friend and learned how to lapbook. I had heard of it many times, but didn't really know what lapbooking was or how it could be used for our benefit in homeschooling. But, it was truly fun. I think the girls could really get into it and there are so many similarities to scrapbooking that I think I can get into it as well.

So, we tried our first one today. It was very basic. We did a simple addition lapbook for my younger two to practice their 1 to 9 addition facts. We cut, we placed stickers, we listened to music, we talked, and we had a lovely afternoon. But, when I went to put the book together, I found out I have no glue! Oops. I can't believe I have kids and do school here at home and have no glue. It has to be hiding somewhere, but I guess I'll go to the store and get some! I need colored paper too.

No comments: