Do you want to know the real reason I'm a night owl?
I do enjoy staying up later, it's true. It's supposed to be my time to unwind. I don't do mornings well. I wish I did. But, here's an example of how most nights go in my house and it has been particularly bad tonight (as you can see by the time of this post):
The kids are finally in bed after bouncing out of bed no less that 17 times.... (on a good night, actually tonight may have been a really good night - I think it was only 6 times) Lights were left on throughout the house. I get up to shut them off and go back to bed. Someone gets up to go to the bathroom. I get up again to shut off the lights they left on. Now the puppies bark because they woke up when someone went to the bathroom. Hubby decides to let them out. (that was nice of him) Hubby forgets about dogs and falls asleep in the chair downstairs. I get up to let the puppies in, because they are now barking at all the neighbor dogs and anything else that might move, and I have to turn off the lights AGAIN. May as well make the rounds to check on the sleeping children. (wow, they were really asleep this time...) Go back to bed, start to unwind... again... Hear a loud noise that sounds like someone has just tried to enter the house through a window and has tripped over the 43 things that the kids most likely left lying around the house. Get up and hope that whoever entered will kill me before they try to kill my children. Hope that they are wounded bad enough in tripping that I can call 911 in time. Discover that it is only my clumsy husband tripping over the 43 things left around the house. Because... he just remember that he didn't let the puppies back in... which I already got to. He goes back to bed. I go back to bed. I get back up to turn off the lights he left on so he wouldn't trip over the 43 things left on the floor. I go back to bed. Unfortunately my heart is still racing after the thought of someone breaking in. And, I'm a bit ticked that I had to shut off lights again. Oops. Now I have to go to the bathroom. Well, you would too, if you'd just had the dickens scared out of you. Back to bed again. Now I have to try to unwind... again.... Bummer, I forgot to brush my teeth...
5 comments:
I am the opposite. I'm the morning child...my dog will wake me up nicely in the mornings if I'm not a morning person... :) :) In time, that might change.
I'm worn out just reading this one! LOL! but seriously, I would have had my hair standing on end with fright!
I just leave the lights on. :-)
Who let's the dogs out? Dad
I was a night owl with you last night...later than planned - that's for sure. The wedding dance we were doing ended at 2:15, loaded out by 2:35 and pulled into the driveway at 3:45. I'm sleeeeeepy!
Post a Comment