I'm a bit out of chronological order in these posts. I just couldn't get to everything I wanted to in the proper order. Here's how the scenic route went.
We left Sunday (minus Brian - see the Cat-astrophe post) after church. We headed north and took a break at Andrea's in Nebraska. We spent about 2 hours there and had a wonderful time! It is so much fun to visit with other Lutheran homeschoolers! As we visited, I realized again how blessed I am to have such a close Lutheran homeschooling friend in town. Andrea and I covered as many subjects as we could in that 2 hour time and the kids had a blast playing together.
From there, we traveled to Angela and Travis' house where we had that wonderful supper pictured in the previous post. They took us out and let the girls ride their horses for a little bit. After a short ride on the horses, we went into town to a park with water spraying equipment. The girls climbed a tower there and found a toad to play with. We had so much fun with all of our activities that we didn't get back to the house until 10:30 p.m. The girls finally went to sleep around 12:30 a.m.
We went back into town to visit my grandma, who has alzheimer's. She is so very sweet. She won't let on that she has no idea who we are. I think she realizes that she should know who we are, but cannot put the faces and names together. We really need to plan another trip back soon. She really enjoyed seeing the girls!
Finally by about 1 p.m. on Monday we made it to camp. It's been hectic getting all the preparations for camp done. I miss my Mac terribly! The HS student secretary let me work on his personal MacBook today to ease my frustrations with the "affordable success" pc's!
I'll going to try to remember to take pictures during camp that I can post as we go along.
3 comments:
Your "affordable success" pc comment has hurt my feelings. hehe
If I may - I would like to do a quick prayer shout out if you don't mind - 2 coworkers of mine (a father/son combo) that also attend the church that I go to in Kearney - Holy Cross Lutheran Church - underwent surgery today for a kidney transplant. The father donated one of his kidney's to his son. His son will also have to have pancreas transplant in the near future as well, pending a successful kidney transplant with no rejection. This is a special family - the father would do anything for his son. When I talked to him after church on Sunday - I asked him how long they would be in the hospital in Omaha. His response was "I didn't even ask any questions. I'm not worried about how long I am in the hospital or anything dealing with me - I just want things to be better for Aaron (son)". Please pray for quick recovery for both of them as well as guidance for the drs and staff at the hospital during this time as well. Thanks for letting me use your blog Michelle, to add a quick prayer request about some fellow Lutheran's.
Oh and I'll try to send some pics from Sunday tomorrow, but I will have to download them to my "affordable success" pc. Hope that will be ok. Maybe your pc won't accept pictures from my not as worthy pc??? Ahhhh the turmoil. To send or not to send. That is the question.
Sounds more like a vacation, and not a "hard work-camp thing," to me, all this traveling!! Well, once the cat-astrophe was taken care of. Again, sorry about that.
Angela, prayers lifted for your friends, for sure.
So, if you can vacation to see your family, maybe on the way back from camp, you can zip down here to see some friends, too! We have space, but no horses. We could go to the pool, though! And a place to sleep! Can you beat that? I think not.
PS I don't mind the "affordable success" comment, as I very often want to smash my computer. Mac is much better made. PCs are just more accessible. Darn.
Post a Comment