Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ok, Here it Goes...

I'm finally getting to this tag game.  I figure I may as well do it right now because this whole day I have been trying to get things done and have not gotten anywhere!

1.  What was I doing 10 years ago?
We had just come back from our second trip to Europe. We spent 16 days on a music tour visiting London, Paris, Switzerland, Austria and Germany. That was our second year sponsoring and supervising kids for that tour. That was an amazing trip! We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary in the mountains of Switzerland. It doesn't get much better than that!  10 years ago I was still teaching band grades 5-12 in a small school. By this time I was finally enjoying it too! (the first several years were terrible!) We had no children at this time. What did we do with all of our time?!

2.  What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
Yikes,  they aren't getting done very quickly:
*Completing this tag (ha - added that one so I can check one off the list)
*Work on housing info for camp
*Complete a covert operation for a friend (check - that's done - and it sounds so cool!)
*Work the Childbirth Ed class for my friend who has the broken foot 
*Complete the employee survey before going to work

3. Snacks I enjoy:
Cookies/brownies
Cheerios snack mix cheddar flavor
Popcorn

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
*Hire a person to help manage the money well
*Give to our church and related confessional groups - such as Issues, Etc.!!
*Pay off our house and those of our families
*Hire a maid AND a chef
*Visit all the loopers and other friends who live out of our town

5. Places I have lived: (keeping it vague for web security purposes, I'm paranoid)
*In my parents home on a farm
*In a dorm
*In a basement apartment
*In a rental house
*In a house built in 1880
*In our current brick home with a nice basement, 4 bedrooms, fenced back yard

6. Jobs I have had:
*Worked the cash register and inventory in a pharmacy
*Babysitting
*Band camp (counselor, head librarian, secretary, assistant director, head counselor and now back to secretary during the week of camp)
*Communication department student assistant
*Band director
*Childbirth Education Assistant
*KMEA Registration Manager
*Private studio lessons
*Adjunct bassoon professor (the title sound way more important that it was!)

7. 6 peeps I would like to know more about:
Ok, I'm wussing out on this one due to time:  if you are reading this blog and you haven't been tagged - you are tagged now!  Get busy and drop me a note in the comments that you completed your "task"!  :)

3 comments:

tbone said...

Okay, I bit the line. I have been "tagged." It is, incidentally, 9:50pm. I'll be curious what the time reads on the computer.

Interesting. Who knew we were so interesting??

tbone said...

Hey, it actually did the correct time. It doesn't on mine. Weird. It is a Rod Serling sor of thing on my computer....

AmusedMomma said...

Switzerland -- too cool!