Yes, that was some of my day today.A camper found a bat today and instead of leaving it alone, he decided to catch it and was walking around showing all the other campers. Our head counselor found out about it and took the bat away from him and brought it over to my office. The department secretary took it to the vet to have it put down and tested.
Later this afternoon, we saw fire trucks heading to the residence halls. That's not what you want to see! Thankfully it was a false alarm AND had nothing to do with our campers.
At intermission during the faculty recital, I was standing "guard" by one of the outside doors and saw a family of about 8 large raccoons scurry from the bushes by the building I was in to a creek across the street! These campers don't understand very much about wild animals. One of the girls wanted to go out and see them closer! Yikes! They can be aggressive!
3 comments:
Are you sure this is BAND camp? And, as far as wild animals are concerned, I think most of them would be smart enough to scurry away from large-footed children who make tons of noise. Well, unless they are rabid. That is another story.
So, was the concert good? Catch any necking?
Finally: poor bat.
Please update this blog and move the bat picture off the front. I am usually preparing supper when I check your blog, and it needs a facelift!
On another note, thanks for creating your blog just for my convenience. :)
Wow what excitement! Or should that be wow what a headache!?
Post a Comment