As we were getting ready for camp on Saturday night, we made one last pass outside at 1:30 a.m. to check the pets and yard to make sure that everything was in place for those who will be taking care of the pets and yard. As I walk out the door, I noticed our calico cat, Josie laying on the porch. She was breathing very labored and gave me a very sickly meow.
What do you do with a sick cat on a Saturday night/Sunday morning at 1:30 a.m.?! We tried to make her as comfortable as possible and decided to check her again in the morning. She was no better in the morning, but no vet was available. So, we decided Brian would stay behind and take her to the vet on Monday morning.
He took her in this morning and the vet said her prognosis was very bad. We would have to spend at least $500 in testing just to figure out what could be wrong and then he had no guarantee that there would be a solution. Josie is 13 years old. We made the hard choice to have her put to sleep today. It's probably better that I had the girl and we weren't around today. They have grandma and grandpa to keep them distracted for now.
1 comment:
Sorry to hear all that about Josie. She was quite a cat. She'll be missed. When I was 16, my cat had died when I was at band camp (he was with me from the time I was 1 or 2). His name was Mr Snow and HE was quite a cat, too.
Post a Comment