Friday, July 11, 2008

New Food

Brian was finishing some of the Lutheran potatoes and added some fresh cereal to the top of his serving.  Monkey decided that she wanted to have some on her plate.  After finishing her serving she said, "Hey, Dad, can I have some more of those snowflakes?"

6 comments:

tbone said...

What is this thing called "Lutheran Potatoes," and can Christians partake (Christian Church), or is is just a "Lutheran" thing? :)

Can't believe it is camp, already. I haven't been there for 10 years--nobody except you probably misses me anymore. Good memories.

Michelle said...

Well, I'll have to check the Book of Concord to see if you are allowed to eat Lutheran Potatoes... HA! :)

It would depend on your theology on how potatoes can be prepared. ;)

Ok, my friend's 15 year old does not think the latter is really that funny - so I guess I'm just amusing myself... I do have a very strange sense of humor..

Dee misses you too! I'm sure there are more, but I'm too busy to think right now!

Angela Flies said...

MMMMMM Lutheran potatoes are my favorite. After the proper preparation (prayer) before dinner...I would say you might be able to partake in them. I do believe it is up to the head of household if I remember correctly. And for you tbone....the likelihood is not good...Lutheran potatoes and crescent rolls are somewhat "sacred" in some households. (just kidding!!)

Michelle said...

LOL - Angela. You are right - the inlaws had to be screened very carefully to see if they would follow the rules regarding potatoes and crescent roll. Rob comes close to crossing the line... HA! By the way, what are we having for dinner on Sunday night??.....

Angela Flies said...

Dinner Friday night could have Lutheran potatoes with "snowflakes" on the menu - I haven't decided yet.

By the way - I miss you too!! You were my first counselor on the 6th floor!! :) And mom says she misses you too. I haven't been there in 8 years. That's crazy.

tbone said...

Well, it is nice to be missed, although all this nasty talk about potato theology is making me feel a little put out! har! But I digress.

So, how about that recipe?