Saturday, October 11, 2008

Scene from the playground

The girls were quite wound up this afternoon. We were going to go for a walk, but I decided that they needed some intense playground time.  ☺ Two little girls from the neighborhood came and joined them after a little while. I got a kick out of the following exchange as they decided who would be "it" for a game of hide and seek.

Lady Bug: "Alright, whoever can answer a question can be the first to count. Who knows who the current President of the United States is?"
Little girls: (looking at each other....shrugs)
Lady Bug: "It's George Bush."
Older little girl: "You'll have to ask an easier question, my little sister doesn't know hard questions."
Lady Bug: "Ok. What is the first letter of the alphabet?"
Younger little girl: "A!"
Lady Bug: "You're right! Ok, you get to count first."

I love just stepping back and watching kids come up with ideas for themselves!

1 comment:

tbone said...

That cracked me up. Somehow, kids usually find a way to work through it!