Pastor talked about what the Bible teaches in regards to our civil leaders. We must respect them even if they have ideals that we disagree with. (see Matthew 22:15-21)
In light of the upcoming election, I'm finding that particularly hard to swallow. Especially when the news reports that Obama is leading by 10 points according to various polls.
I'm not particularly fond of McCain, however, my heart breaks that our country might elect a person who will not protect the unborn, our babies. News reports are citing that the economy has become center stage. I'm still not sure why society believes that Obama can fix it any better than McCain! But, that's another topic... So, that leaves me with the sickening feeling that our society has placed money above life.
Anything can happen. I will go to the polls and vote my conscience based on the value of life. And then I will continue to pray. I will have to work even harder if Obama is elected. It will be extremely hard for me to respect a leader who does not protect our babies. But, by God's command, I must.
1 comment:
I, too, struggle with this mandate from God with our PRESENT leader. I can still disagree, but I have to support him and try to be respectful, at least of his office. This is certainly not easy.
Post a Comment