Sunday, June 8, 2008

Friday's Many Hats

My day started by helping Lady Bug build a bird house at her camp she was attending.  Together we put together a Robin house.  It was pre-cut, had all the parts including nails, so all we had to do was nail it together.  I grew up on a farm.  I have used a hammer and nails many times, so it sounded pretty simple.  It was for the most part, but we did have one piece of wood with a knot-hole in the wrong place.  I bent one nail and put one in crooked.  Lady Bug did an excellent job hammering in nails!

In the afternoon I went in for a KMEA meeting.  The president requested my presence. (I do not usually have to attend.) We were discussing the changes that were implemented to the final concerts and what could be improved for next year.  Next year, in addition to my registration responsibilities, I will be in charge of traffic flow for the Festival concerts.  I enjoy listening to the leadership of KMEA discuss ideas.  We are fortunate to have a very well run association. I wish other organizations/groups would run that smoothly and with the same amount of input from those who are actually working in the "trenches" of the profession!

From there I went to assist with the weekend childbirth class.  Thankfully, I have two great co-workers who covered for me until I was able to get there. We had 10 couples in class which is pretty crowded in our class location. Everything went well.

When I finally returned after work on Saturday, I received a warm welcome from all my girls.  ("Mommy's home!!!")  Sometimes it's nice to be missed!

1 comment:

Angela Flies said...

**Thinking when she saw you with a hammer on the farm*** *smile

Love, your sis