Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flour Children

Brian has been helping with a camp all this week at the Academy called "Destination Imagination". It was for young children from age 2 1/2 to 6. They were trying to incorporate all the senses in this camp. The dance teacher organized the camp and asked Brian to do the music part of the camp. The kids had a very good time.

One of the activities that all the children had the opportunity to do together was to jump into a large wading pool filled with flour. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. I wish I did! If I find any, I will share them!

One of the funny things was that they didn't think about the possibility of moisture getting into the flour. Some of the kids, however, got a little sweaty. What happens to flour when it gets wet? Yes, some of the kids looked a little doughy!

All the parents had the same response when they picked up their kids: "Wow! It looks like they had a GREAT time" followed by: "Boy, I'm glad I don't have to clean that up!"

No comments: