Thursday, August 7, 2008

Pinching Pennies

I now shop on Thursdays because our Walmart matches a local grocery store's banana price on Thursdays which is 18 cents a pound. Bananas around here have been running around 64 cents a pound. So, it is worthwhile to change my shopping day to Thursday to save on bananas!

I also make my rounds at Dillons and search for manager's specials. Today I was praying for lettuce. Our tomatoes are doing very well and I was hoping to find a good buy on lettuce so I could make a taco salad. Prayer answered:  Lettuce on special for 25 cents a bag!  Woo Hoo!
Then, to make things better, I found bacon on manager's special. Time for BLTs too!  Yeah!!

I also decided to check out the bargain bin and I found a digital camera memory card for my camera highly discounted.  Score!!

With the price of gas, I have to celebrate when I can save money on other things.

2 comments:

tbone said...

How the heck do you FIND all those bargains?? I look, but cannot find. Don't tell me I look in the wrong places. Maybe my state doesn't offer such great prices....

Michelle said...

I'm related to my father! HA!

He always finds stuff like this only he's way better at it than I am. Hopefully, as I age, I'll inherit more of his bargain finding skills...