I started the first day of fall private lessons today. I've got lessons down to three days now, instead of being spread across the week. There are always advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that I don't feel so spread out with lessons all week. The disadvantage is that it piles them up all at once and makes for several longer days.
We'll see how I like this change in schedule. It seemed very hectic today. I think part of the problem is that I just don't feel ready to start this schedule again! Maybe my problem is that I keep watching all these late night olympics.
2 comments:
I have gone back and forth on this one, too, but in recent years have tended to go for more lessons on fewer days. It does get tiring, but it opens up blocks of time on the other days, and I have come to realize that I need that in order to get motivated to accomplish anything. I just can't seem to get anything done when it's an hour here and and hour there, whereas if I know I have a 3-hour stretch I feel like I can plan on accomplishing something.
Well, Cheryl, I survived these first two days. Wednesday was rather hard (6 lessons in a row) and then I had to run straight to work at the hospital. Tonight was only group piano and 4 lessons. Much better. Saturday, I have my 5 year old piano group with their short individual lessons too - that will only be about an hour long on Saturday.
But, I'm thinking that for the schedule it is going to work out much better. I always feel like I have to stop my day earlier when I have lessons and then I get less done! So ditto on what you were saying!
Post a Comment