Friday, August 29, 2008

The Line has Been Drawn

I've been thinking about this for a while. It's been on my mind since reading RPW and Cheryl's post with the video on Obama. (I apologize to others of you who also blogged on the subject, I have forgotten who all blogged on that particular interview.) After watching that interview, I found a related video on that page which was just gruesome.

When my husband and I were trying to have children, we could not wait to find out if we were pregnant or not. If I could have had a video camera mounted inside of me during the whole pregnancy, I would have loved it. I read book after book trying to find out what that little one inside me was doing day by day. Each was such a precious gift. Every movement was a blessing to me. All three of my girls had the hiccups and I loved it.

Consequently, I will NEVER understand how someone can support abortion. (I won't even get into abortion doctors...) Obama has children. Are they not precious to him? Did he treasure them before they were born? I know that there are other issues to consider when voting for our next President. But, I simply can not and will not support anyone who will not protect the tiniest blessings.

In my view, this has become a selfish argument. The woman should have a choice. What about serving our neighbor? (the baby) I think this is an issue on vocation. If you are pregnant, you have the vocation of being a mother. Your body is now shared with a little one. You have to weigh what you eat so that the baby can be nourished. You should be serving that little baby that is inside of you, starting from the beginning. We have gotten so selfish that we don't want to give up our lifestyles, our bodies, our sleep (Cheryl's link) for a baby. Sad.

Therefore, my vote will go to the candidate who will at least protect the babies. There is my line. 

No comments: