Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thankful Part 2 - Family

I am thankful that the Lord placed me with my Christian parents. I also have Christian grandparents, I am blessed that three are still with us. My parents brought me to the font to receive the gift of Baptism on May 16th, 1971. They took me to church and made sure that I learned the Bible and the catechism. What a wonderful gift!

I am blessed with two wonderful sisters. We had our share of sibling rivalry as we grew up and now we drive hundreds of miles just to visit each other! :) I look forward to all the times we get together.

I'm married to a wonderful man who is a great dad to our three little blessings. People who knew Brian in high school and college marvel at what a neat dad he is! :) I am thankful that he is willing to work so that I am able to stay home and teach our children at home. I love the closeness that we have because we are able to spend the day together and share in our learning.

I'm blessed with Brian's parents and all my brother and sister-in-laws on both sides. All of Brian's grandparents have passed away. I was fortunate to meet all of them and get to know two of them better. 

I dearly love all my nieces and nephews - there are nine of them. I also have three God-children. 

4 comments:

tbone said...

Um, I like the "feeling blessed," and all, but you left out the part about your VERY GOOD FRIENDS....

:)

Angela Flies said...

Sibling rivalry??? All I wanted was for you to watch cartoons on Saturday morning with me...and...you know the rest. *smile. We are very blessed to have such a terrific family!!

Michelle said...

Let's see - that would go:

"La, la, la, la, la smack la, la, la, la, la"
(think Smurfs)

Angela Flies said...

You forgot the "MMMOOOOOMMMMM" after. Pretty close.