Now that you are done laughing, would you like to know the details?
Here is the phone call I received from one of my student's parents who will remain nameless to prevent further humiliation:
"Michelle, you are not going to BELIEVE what I just did."
"What was that?"
"Well, I opened the washer and found what looked like the remnants of kleenex, but it looked like the WHOLE box got washed! I couldn't figure it out UNTIL I found the CD. It was the Christmas book. All that's left is the spiral and the CD!"
So, how did this happen - if you are like me - you've just got to know how a whole book can get washed. This was a new one to me. The piano book does not fit into a pocket!
This particular student left her book at my house after her lesson. Her book was returned to her yesterday. The washer is in their garage. The book was place on top of the washer as the family went into the house. The wash was done today. You can put two and two together....
5 comments:
Fun stuff! We have had similar experiments in our house. Rod's Ipod shuffle survived the washer AND dryer! Tyler's rocks hold up well too!
But did the CD play? That's what I want to know!
E.C. - I'll have to get back to you on that one. The mom hadn't tried the CD yet. And I would LOVE to know whether it works! :)
That is absolutely the best "I didn't get to practice" excuse I think I have ever heard (and I have heard plenty).
Sad. Sometimes, we just shake our heads, and say, "the same thing happened to me last week...."
Post a Comment