Friday, January 2, 2009

I Resemble That

This is what the two year old looked like (and what I felt like) after two days straight of New Year's fun:


Brian was reading the Bible to the girls this afternoon and thought that she sounded a bit quiet on the other side of the Christmas tree. She pretty much just fell over asleep!

We spent New Year's Eve with two Lutheran home school families - there were 18 of us all together. (12 of 18 were under the age of 16) We played Nertz, Apples to Apples and many other fun things (eating and more eating)! We also enjoyed going to the Divine Service together.

The next day, we were invited to Laura's house. We enjoyed more rounds of Apples to Apples there with the kids and later got our spades fix in. I finally convinced Laura to race cattle with me on the Wii. She beat Brian.... And, of course, we ate lots of healthy food. NOT!!

Since Panda fell asleep, I decided to take my turn at a nap too! Boy, did that feel good!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way. I had the boys recite the Mommy needs a nap credo, and CRASHED!

Angela Flies said...

Love the picture!! Racing cows again without me...how rude!! :) Its cold, moist, a little slick and yucky here today. Its been so nice!!

Lynne said...

Priceless!

Stephanie said...

That sounds like a joyous New Years Eve. I can't imagine a better reason to be tired than from having fun!