Monday, April 27, 2009

I thought of a title earlier....

Must be the age. The title escaped. Oh well. This is going to be another mixed bag of a blog anyway!

Thanks to all of you for my birthday wishes. You are very kind and I really appreciate your thoughts! :) Consider yourself cyber-hugged! 

I had to wait until today to read them, including those of you who sent wishes through facebook because of our storms. I spent part of my birthday in the basement partially under a desk hiding from possible tornadoes. We did have rotation over our city, but thankfully, no tornado touched down. One of the schools Brian teaches at had damage (it is outside the city limits). They weren't sure weather it was a tornado there or straight line winds.

I got a very nice birthday gift today from a sweet friend. She came over and cleaned my bathroom. I mean CLEANED. Like washed the curtains, dusted the exhaust vent, cleaned. And then she went from there to cleaning a few windows - the windows in the back door and front door. Brian almost had the Windex bird commercial moment after she did that! That birthday gift was priceless. AND, she said she's not done - she will come back again and do some more. What a blessing!

I enjoyed some beautiful singing in full harmony from Lucy's clan. They inserted "belated" in their song which made me smile. We were all a little too busy with the storms to worry about my birthday yesterday! They apologized and there is no apology needed!!! 

We got Panda's hearing aids today. That went very well. She wore them the entire day with no problems even though Mary (our audiologist) told us that it would be perfectly normal and fine if she needed a little adjustment time getting used to wearing them. I think seeing Monkey wear them all day just made her think that it is normal to wear them all day. She did great!

After the hearing aids we went to Sears to return some items and then to Great Gma and Gpa's. The girls were well behaved for both of those stops. 

The trip to Walmart was a different story. Monkey decided to have a full blown, top of the lungs, screaming, melt down in Walmart. She wanted to ride in the cart (was told to walk), started talking very disrespectfully, was told to stop or we would leave. She did not stop, so I turned the cart around and that is when the melt down occurred. I picked her up, plopped her in the back of the cart calmly and rolled right back out of the store - with her screaming - "no, no, I don't want to leave!" the entire way. And then she threatened to not get out of the cart and into the car. (which didn't work - because it was cold out today and she didn't want to stay outside in the cart anyway!) Soooo, she got to stay home with daddy as we went back to the store later with the other two girls. Hopefully a lesson learned.

I'm going to call it a day. Hope you have a good one!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I remember leaving stores when I had 4 children under 5. It was embarrassing and painful, but sure paid dividends quickly. Sorry you had to endure the meltdown, it probably won't happen again for a long time!