So, what am I doing for my birthday? Laundry. Probably dishes. Hopefully avoiding tornadoes. I'd rather have a nap. I thought I'd blog quickly before our storms hit. We're in a tornado watch until this evening and have storms headed this way pretty soon.
But, yesterday Mom and Dad stopped by. We had pizza and ice cream cake - YUM.
It's been a busy week again:
*I worked 4 days this week at the hospital which reminds me to ask you to please keep one of my co-workers in your prayers. There are things going on her life that I cannot discuss for legal reasons, but she could use some prayer support for sure.
*I heard from Kevin (Jeanette's husband). She will start chemo in a couple of weeks. She is scheduled for 6 treatments at this time, three weeks apart. After the first 3 treatments, they will do more testing and possibly exploratory surgery to see how the treatments are going. If all is well, they will continue as scheduled. If she is not responding to that medication they will switch at that time. They told her that 80 percent of women who receive this treatment respond positively and 50 percent of those are successful cured. I'm praying for Jeanette to be in that 50 percent of the 80 percent!
*We started our Apologia Science - it came in on Monday. I love, love, love it! We are doing the sea creatures. The cool thing is that the second chapter is on whales and a museum nearby is featuring a whale exhibit. Field trip!
*The hot pockets I made have been wonderful. Hmm... what shall we have for lunch? Ham, hot dog or roast beef? One minute in the microwave, add some fresh veggies and fruit and presto - lunch is served.
I'd better run before the storms hit! Have a good week!
6 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday big sister! Hope you enjoy your day.
Happy birthday!
Happy birthday! :)
And, stay safe. . .I confess, that part of springtime in the midwest I do not miss.
Happy Birthday, small fry! Hope you had a really good one.
Happy Birthday!
A belated happy birthday from Illinois!
Post a Comment