Friday, April 10, 2009

Dog Pile Dad - The Musical

We went to Good Friday services tonight. I wish I was one of those blog writers who could eloquently summarize the sermon or have other profound thoughts about the service. Having three children and a service at 7:30 p.m. prevent those kinds of deep thoughts  (from me anyway). We sat in the "kid zone" as usual and participated in the pew wrestling of the growing weary children. 

The girls wanted to listen to the Classical Kids Vivaldi CD on the way home, but since they were poor miserable sinners during the service, I told them that we were going to listen to Issues, etc. on the way home instead.

So,  if you put our kids in the back of the car without their entertainment, you get a musical. This one was provided mostly by Panda who was singing her chorus "Dog Pile Dad" for an entire 30 minutes! Mixed with her composition was the counter choruses provided by Ladybug and Monkey who were singing "Time to Say Goodbye" and "You Raise Me Up" respectively. (and no, "You Raise Me Up" is not an Easter song...but, I digress...)

I'm going to have to listen that Issues topic again....  And, my face hurts from smiling and laughing for 30 minutes.

No comments: