Friday, December 5, 2008

Don't Try This At Home - Part 2

I found the answer for your question to this post, E.C., last night at lessons. YES, amazingly enough the CD DID survive! It still plays just perfectly. I still don't think I would recommend washing your cd's, but I guess they can survive.

Now, for the next "don't try this at home". The shower in our bathroom had a door on it at one time which the prior owners of our house removed for some reason. We just use a shower curtain. But, sometimes, my husband forgets to make sure the shower curtain is tucked on the INSIDE of the lip at the edge of the shower. Consequently, the rest of the bathroom gets wet, including all items of the floor.

That happened this morning. My husband, thinking that he was being helpful, threw both bathmats and all the towels he used for drying the mess into the washer and washed them. One of the bathmats is older and is the longer, shaggy carpet style. That particular rug pretty much disintegrated in the washer. The seams came unraveled and all the carpet pieces "exploded" in the washer. I have spent considerable time cleaning out the washer of all the loose pieces and then pulling all the pieces off the other bathmat that "velcroed" themselves completely to that mat. I have yet to tackle the dryer. And I wonder what I do with my days....

1 comment:

Elephantschild said...

Good time to practice the invaluable skill of wifely tongue-biting, right?

He WAS trying to help!