Saturday, December 13, 2008

Watch Please

That is a game I play with my 5 year old group piano students. It is a game where I ask them to "watch please" and they do what I do -  to a beat. We tap the floor or our legs, etc. This game gets them focused at the beginning of the class. I have used this game to start each class since we started in the fall. Today I started class the same way:

"Watch Please."
"But, I don't have a watch." was the reply of one the 5 year olds.
"*giggling* Would you like mine?"
"YEAH!"

So, I handed him my watch and we went on with the game with a smile! 

Yes, I did get my watch back.... after the game!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You teach piano and home school? I'm a piano teacher and I want to home school too! Right now he's only 2 1/2 months old so I have a while yet. How do you manage your 2 year old while teaching? What about when he was younger than 2?

Michelle said...

Hi Atara,

If you want - email me at bandlady at sbcglobal dot com and I'll give you a few of my ideas. You also have to figure out your little boy's personality and go from there. I'd be happy to share what I do!

Stephanie said...

you.

Stephanie said...

I tried to e-mail you, but it said it would take two days to reach you?.?

Michelle said...

Atara,

Ok - ATT must be acting up again! You can try my gmail account if you would like lutheranethel at gmail dot com.