Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Review time again

I'm slowly checking things off my "to do" list for May. It is always so busy this time of year!

*Brian and I played a gig this weekend. Moszowski's piano concerto and a premier piece. We always like this gig. It is a short rehearsal schedule, they feed us and the pay is pretty good. That always helps especially this time of year - with two birthdays this month and our house taxes due (I'm still grumbling that they moved it up from June...but, that's another story)
*Mom and Dad watched the girls while we did our gig. So, for Mother's Day I got spoiled by my Mom! I came home to a clean kitchen and the rest of my laundry done and folded. Thanks Mom!
*Lady Bug's new Webkinz (her birthday present from Gma, Gpa, Angela and Travis) took a side trip back to Gma's house. Gma made things all better again by mailing it back. It arrived in one day.
*I had my evaluation (mentioned in my last weekly review). I will get my raise this year - I passed. I would certainly hope so! I do all my jobs to the best of my ability. I see them as my service to those around me and I enjoy that.
*Childbirth classes will finish this week and so will several more of my lessons. I think I have 3 more students who have another lesson to make up. Otherwise, the schedule is freeing up a bit more.
*My niece graduates this weekend. I'm so excited to see all the family again. I'm also very humbled by a Looper friend who has offered her house for us to stay in while we are there for graduation. They will be traveling with their daughter to grad school. I will do my best to be a good "house sitter". What a sweet offer and what a blessing - we were going to get a hotel for Saturday night for sure, but now we can save a little more money. And, we will get to visit with them a little when they return, but unfortunately it will be about the time we need to leave - so, it will be a short visit. 
*Brian found out that he will have to move out of his classroom for next year. It is unfortunate because he has a nice large room now for his music classes which allows him to teach the way her really feels is best - with lots of movement, instruments, etc. The good news is that they gave him two connecting rooms. It's not ideal, but will at least offer him more flexibility than if he had been given just one of those tiny rooms. At this point I told him to be thankful that he HAS a job and that this was a minimal inconvenience. I'm kind of excited because I'll go help him organize the two rooms. I like organizing. (if you saw my house - you'd NEVER guess that one...I have kids, I home school and hold 4 part time jobs - cut me a little slack  ;)  )

Have a great week. I'm taking my lap top, but I'm not sure how much I will get to get on it!

No comments: