I work a Band Camp each summer and have done so for 21 years. It is a love of mine - I love seeing the growth of the kids as they make music. I get to be behind the scenes as secretary during the week and organize the program for the week.
Camp was in trouble this year. With all the financial issues facing every business, the University was not immune. The president of the University's answer was to shut down campus (including air conditioning) on Friday, Saturday and Sundays, which would affect camp. We run from a Sunday to Saturday. We were told that we would have to operate within the university schedule for the summer or not at all.
We asked for letters. I even started a Facebook group! Parents, students, staff all wrote letters and we just found out that we have permission to have our camp WITH air conditioning for the entire week!
Now, it's back to work for those of us planning camp. We have lots to do to get this thing organized and running at full speed again!
1 comment:
I guess the pen IS mighty.
That is good!!
Post a Comment