Thursday I came down with a NASTY cold and I just couldn't get moving. That was on top of Ladybug being sick the day before and Butterfly and Panda throwing up Wednesday night and Thursday early morning. So, Thursday was a wasted day.
Friday, still not breathing well, I got up, got us all around and got us to the shop to get my van's oil changed. Then I found out that there was a gash in one of my front tires and the other front tire was in terrible condition as well. So, I decided on tires to buy. Then the mechanic came out and said the back tires were also looking really bad - that really we should get all 4 tires replaced. I then realized that yes, those tires are original to the van and have 53,000 miles on them, so we are definitely due. Something else needs to be replaced while they are at it and so the bill is going to add up to around $850. Joy. By the time we got transferred into a junky (not even kidding) loaner car and then traded Brian for his van as school was getting out (not good timing) and then ran two more errands, another afternoon was shot. Grrr. And I don't get my van back until Monday afternoon because parts needed to be ordered.
I hate it when this stuff comes up at the worst time. It never fails. It makes me grumpy. But, then I am reminded to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread." And already God has. We have been provided today everything that we need.
So, we will leave in a week and keep praying "Give us this day our daily bread" and rest in God and be thankful for what we have been given. And I will get over my grumpiness.
1 comment:
Will you be blogging from Hawaii? Or will we have to wait for the full report until you get home?
Post a Comment