My bassoon teacher passed away this summer and one of the things I looked forward to around Christmas was his Christmas letter. His letters were always so cute. He had pictures of his cats with cute quotes and included pictures of his grandchildren and told about his year. I'll miss that this year.
I was going through my recipes and found the recipes that I had copied with my grandma. They were some of my favorites of hers. She even wrote down some of them for me. One of my favorites was her peppernuts. She made them every year. My kids enjoyed them too. So, now I have a little treasure - my favorite recipes of hers - many written in her handwriting.
1 comment:
I, too, will miss both as well. Nobody can make peppernuts like grandma.
And the letters were always great. I was working on my Christmas cards earlier today and came across last year's cards....
Post a Comment