We got everyone up at 3 a.m. (I had stayed up all night) My friend came and took us to the airport at 3:45 a.m. Everything went smooth at the ticket counter. Security was ok - although they fed us through the family line and said it would be quicker - but, it was not! All the people they were patting down were sent to that line too. I felt bad as we passed them, because we got right through after waiting in line. Brian's parents and brother caught up with us.
The girls LOVED their first plane ride. The trip to Dallas was very smooth. Once in Dallas, we changed gates THREE times and made it to the 3rd gate change shortly before boarding began! Once on the plane, we waited... the plane had apparently sat too long. They had to run the engine and the let it sit so they could check the oil before we left. We departed and 8 plus hours later we arrived.
Wow! What a climate change. It was warm and humid. I LOVE it! The walkways between the gates and baggage claim are open. That was kind of interesting - can't do that where we live!
We arrived at the resort. It's so busy here. We walked down to the beach, found a Subway for supper and ate it on the beach. The kids played in the sand.
Panda said, after going down to the ocean, "Mom, the water came to me!" It was so cute.
After being up for 42 hours straight, I crashed. I'm looking forward to enjoying the sun and the warm weather! More later, hopefully including pictures!
2 comments:
Enjoy your time away!
I finally looked at the pictures and had an incredible nostalga attack! Beautiful!
Post a Comment