Sunday, September 7, 2008

A "Lucy" Moment


Our families have always called my friend and  I - "Lucy" and "Ethel". Today we lived up to our nicknames. If you watch episodes of "I Love Lucy", you'll soon understand why:



Lucy asked me to come over to help fix the leak in the hot water faucet in her kitchen. This is a job we have done together in the past. We had her husband turn off the water main for us, however, noticed that the hot water was still leaking as we took the faucet apart. Lucy's husband went to check on the water main and accidentally turned the water back on which sent a geyser of water up to the ceiling in Lucy's kitchen! Lucy screamed for immediate water shut off as we both scurried around the kitchen trying to catch up with the water.

After a small clean-up and a trip to the hardware store, I am happy to report that there is no more leaking from the faucet! Another happy ending for Lucy and Ethel. Too bad we weren't in a chocolate factory....

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hey, I have a leaky kitchen faucet, and neither dh nor I am handy. Wanna come over and fix it for me? I'll promise to have lots of chocolate on hand!

Anonymous said...

I don't think that the chocolate factory would be as funny as seeing Lucy and Ethel wearing French designed potato sacks ( Episode 147 ''Lucy Gets a Paris Gown''). Now there's an idea for Halloween.


Little Lucy