Saturday, December 10, 2011

That was interesting...

I was trying to update my Garmin with my computer downstairs. I heard a squeaky "scritch, scritch" sound coming from near our rabbit. That was a sound I had never heard the rabbit make. I went back to my work. I heard the sound again, only in paying attention more closely it sounded like something scratching at the window (which is behind the rabbit cage). I went to investigate. There in the window well was a .... (say it with me mom...) It's a opossum!

The ugly critter was stuck in our window well. I went upstairs to tell Brian and see if we could figure out what to do about it. The girls heard me talking about it so we all rushed back downstairs to look at it. We shut off the lights in the basement and used a flashlight to look out and hope to see it better. It was a fairly smart critter - it began wedging itself between the wall of the window well and the metal rungs of the ladder and it worked itself up each rung one at a time until it got out!

Good. I hope it is far away by now. Especially since I didn't have my mom here to burn it... but that story will have to come some other time. :)

3 comments:

Angela Flies said...

Ha ha...I remember burning the oppossum!! We had an oppossum in the trash can right behind our house this summer. I was in the bathroom getting ready for my shower and I would hear this scratch scratch scratch. Went outside and found him stuck in the plastic trash can. We left him there overnite and called animal control the next nite. They took care of it. No burning here.

Anonymous Dad - thanks for the visit. Had a good time.

Lynne said...

what about Mom... hmmmmm

Angela Flies said...

Mom...thanks for the visit. Had a good time. :) (Sorry...you don't post as often ;) )