Thursday, December 1, 2011

Home school Rant

Yeah, skip it if you don't want to hear about it... I just have to think "out loud" for a bit.

Ok, so those 3 precious children you see in my photos. I gave birth to them. I love them more than my own physical life. I decided to home school them because I believe I am the BEST teacher BECAUSE I love them. No other teacher in this world will ever love them as much as I do. Period. Am I a perfect teacher? No. Are they perfect students/children? No.

But, who is responsible for them? I am. If they fail- that means I have failed. That's a lot of pressure all on it's own.

So, there are days that I just really don't want or need to hear about how inadequate people feel my children are performing in certain areas in comparison to other kids their age. They have strengths and they have weaknesses and I KNOW what they are. How many public school teachers know each student that well?

You'll have to excuse me if I get a bit testy when my children are criticized. If a person wants to help - great. If all a person has is comparisons and complaints - that department is open every 5th Tuesday from 9:51 p.m. to 9:53 p.m.

Rant over/

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK

Martha said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone comes on here any more. Dad

Michelle said...

I think I scared everyone off...

Anonymous said...

Not me. Question? How did you like six? Aren't they fun entertainers? Dad

Laura said...

anthing I can do to help, dear friend?

Michelle said...

Thanks, Laura. You have just by asking. :)

Dad - loved SIX!

Angela Flies said...

Tried to respond last night from my blackberry...unsuccessful. Anyhow...I've been around, but busy.

Please say a prayer for a coworker who was in an accident Wednesday morning at work. She's a 3rd shift employee. I don't know her very well, but she's still in critical care in ICU. Thanks.