Hey, it's September. Guess I should do another post. When in doubt (or boredom), Dad, refer to YOUR post. :)
Most people rest on Labor Day or at least do something fun over the weekend. Most often we tend to take the holiday's name literally and put in some work. Brian is usually a few weeks into school by this time and we end up finding all the things that we didn't get done over the summer (which is far more than usual this year).
The big project this weekend was the bathtub. We've hated the caulking since we moved in. It was some sort of no-caulk caulk (although oddly enough, it had caulk behind it... not sure what the point was). It did not seal well and looked like it had mold or mildew collecting behind it. Furthermore, if you tried to take a shower in there, the water would go behind the caulking and then tunnel out the side of the tub, which would end up on the floor and ultimately in the basement. (yeah, ask how we know THAT one...)
We finally dug in and pulled that junk off. After that Brian and I spent a considerable amount of the day cleaning up the leftover caulk and other "junk" which had collect behind there. Wow. That was a huge difference already! Brian re-caulked the tub and I cleaned up the edges. I think it looks great! No, it's not "professional", but it's clean and it does NOT leak anymore. We have another functional shower.
In addition, we cleaned out more corners of accumulated "paperwork". I collected another entire box of paper recycling. Brian reorganized all the girls' games (since they like to sneak up into the closet late at night and pull the games down instead of going to sleep...)
Meanwhile, the girls and the puppies enjoyed the 20 degree cooler weather by playing outside. Ladybug discovered that Snuggles loves the soccer ball. She kicks it, Snuggles chases it. There you have it - easy entertainment. Lucy just gets in the way of the ball or chases Snuggles as Snuggles chases the ball.
31 comments:
Sounds like a great Vocation Day (as Veith has suggested we think of it)!
Hmmmm still no post to sister. The greasy wheel isn't noisy enough...lol! Come on "shout out to your sis (and not Jen...that wouldn't be funny) I know you were thinking it...
BTW - hug the girls for me!
Hi ang, how you doing. nice talking to you. Dad
Hi dad, doing fine. Nice talking to you. Ang
I am so glad we have the forum to talk to each other. Love Dad
I agree! Cuz I know you won't CALL me. :) Love you!
I know you are so busy. We sure enjoyed last weekend. Dad
We did as well!! Fun times! Thanks for coming up!
Do you think maybe Michelle should give us her blog password and we could update it for her??? I think its a good idea!!
No. Lets just keep this site to our selves because nobody else knows about it. Dad
It's a good place to keep secrets. Dad
Think so? But I think it would be fun to post things for her. We could come up with some good stories. I could post the real story to her slapping me just because I wanted to watch cartoons when I was little. Or how they would lock me in my bedroom by taking the nob off. You know...it would be shocking to most...lol
No don't bring up any of that. Just in case when I am old and have to live with her that will help her remember things she can do to me. Dad. Don worry she won't read this, she doesn't come to this site. Dad
She may not be reading any of this but her friend Cheryl is! Just sayin'. ;-)
She told me to say that, by the way.
Hahaha!! :) Thanks Cheryl for joining in!!
My pleasure. (And it seemed like the thing to do.) ;-)
Hide Angela, I think we have been found. Dad
Nope, not hiding. Any other lurkers...feel free to jump aboard. Continue on, Cheryl! :)
Any stories you would like me to tell about my wonderful big sister? :)
Oh my yes, stories. Man, do I love stories. Especially funny stories about weird friends. Or weird stories about funny friends, take your pick. The higher the blackmail quotient the better. Bring 'em on! :-)
Ohhhh boy...where do I begin. Did my big sister tell you about the time that she ran into the garage at the school where she was taking drivers ed (i'll pay for this one)...
Her version...the instructor kept telling her to go forward until she tapped the garage....create own version from here. :)
Love you my big sister!
My big sister is an amazing musician. In high school, she taught herself to play the bassoon. There were many nights of laughter while she learned...if you are familiar with a bassoon...we just weren't sure where the dying cow was...lol.
BUT...that learning the bassoon definitely paid off for her in the end, right sis? And she's good. :)
I remember when she went swimming topless in Branson..... OK she was 10 and dove in the pool and when she came up the top stayed down. Dad
Oh my . . . these are way better than I could have ever imagined . . . .
Oh dad...you have to tell the story about when the time we had stayed with grandma and grandpa while you and mom were gone...you know the one..."I've HAD IT!!"
That is funny, that was my next post. We left all three girls for a few days with my Mom and Dad. Strict instructions. NO FIGHTING. We had no sooner picked them up and left the driveway when the Oldest said "I've had it and we had a knock down drag out the three hour trip home. Dad
Hahaha! I love that one. I'm pretty sure it was the middle child that aggravated her the most...I am the innocent one...ya know. ANGEL with an A. Angela
Is anyone else getting the feeling that Michelle is ignoring us?
Michelle is still looking for her card reader...
Carry on. :)
Post a Comment