It used to be that there were no school activities on a Wednesday. Slowly, schools added sports practices to Wednesdays. It should be ok as long as it doesn't interfere with the actual time of church activities, right? What could the church going parents say? Of course at that time also, teachers would not stack a lot of homework on a Wednesday night either.
Fast forward down the road many years. Now I have students who have sports practices on Wednesday, of course. And they are loaded down with home work that evening as well. Add a catechism class to that load and they are wiped out.
But, it gets worse. Now, they are scheduling parent teacher conferences on Wednesdays. In the school where my husband teaches, they have always had after school meetings on Wednesdays (which annoys me anyway). They had a meeting this past Wednesday to discuss how they could make up the regularly scheduled meeting which would be missed due to scheduling the parent teacher conference on one of those Wednesdays. Seriously.
There are about three teachers who have church activities on Wednesday (my husband is one of them). They were essentially "bullied" into having a double meeting on a Wednesday to make up for that conference (which my husband was unaware of in the first place - somehow that conference ended up on the schedule). He found out today that this Wednesday conference is kind of a test. If it goes well, they'll do another Wednesday conference in the spring. That just makes me angry. See how it creeps in.
2 comments:
Hi
I'm not really commenting on this blog specifically, but just wanted to let you know I enjoy reading your posts. When I see your posts on Loopers, I'm immediately brought back to washing dishes in Melanie's kitchen . . . that was a fun weekend. Also love the new pix of your family.
Suzanne L
Thanks, Suzanne! I finally got back to my poor, neglected blog on at least a little bit more regular basis.
That was such a fun time. I enjoyed all the time that we were able to visit while washing dishes.
Post a Comment