Since we'll be getting ready to get back on the airplane and head back home, I'm sure I won't have time to publish a post - so, this is a scheduled post. :)
I couldn't leave Hawaii without catching the sunset on the beach. So, I'll share it with all of you. It was just beautiful. (this was actually taken on Friday)
We leave at around 8 p.m. and get home on Monday morning. That will be the long part. And then the yucky part will be returning to the cold weather. I have absolutely LOVED this weather.
This is such a beautiful place to vacation, but as we talked to people, it is not such a fun place to actually live. Most people have to hold down several jobs to come close to making a living here. Cost of living is super expensive. If I ever get back, though, I want to go to a different island and just sit on a beach. I loved seeing all the sights we got to see, but I would love to just enjoy the scenery.
So, it's back to reality and back to getting completely behind on my blog. Hope you enjoyed following our vacation. I plan to upload a more photos to facebook sometime after I get back.
4 comments:
See, if *I* went to Hawaii, I'd do nothing at all except:
Sit on the least-popular beach I could find.
Visit ONE, read ONE touristy thing - something volcano-ish.
And the rest of the time, I'd be tromping around garden centers and greenhouses trying to soak up as much tropical vegetation and orchids as I could.
You would not find me within 100 yards of a grass skirt or a lei or a luau or whatever it's called!
Oh, and by the way, call me if you want company while you unpack.
So sorry we missed you, Michele!
Yes, it is expensive to live here...and the FAFSFA that we fill out for college financial aid just doesn't care that we spend so much more for our food....
Michelle, we are glad you all have gotten to experience this part of the world--what a great time for you guys! The change I would make to your statement of "next time:"
NEXT time, you'll go with some girlfriends, and sit on the beach and etc. :)
Post a Comment