On June 18th my grandma went into the hospital while my parents were out of state. I live 30 minutes from my grandparents so I went back and forth to the hospital to visit and see how things were going, so that I could let my mom know and hopefully set her mind at ease while she was gone. I'm so glad that I was able to do that. I received some treasures that I will be able to hold on to. More on that later. Grandma went home on the 22nd, but was too weak for grandpa to be able to help her, so on the 23rd she went to a rehab/nursing center. The people there were wonderful. We had a meeting on the 26th with the goal of doing OT and PT and getting her back home. Things were going pretty well. On the 3rd of July, Mom and Dad stopped through on their way out again and grandma was still doing fine. On the 4th she was dehydrated again and they could no longer get an iv in. Mom and Dad came back on the 5th to see how she was doing and she was eating and drinking and walked using her walker again. Thinking all was well again, they went on home. On the 6th, mom got a call from grandpa that gma was no longer eating or drinking and had not gotten out of bed. Mom and Dad came back. My aunt and uncle joined my mom as we waited for the Lord to call grandma home.
Dad and I decided on the 12th to go ahead and head back to their house so that he could go to work and I could work on camp. We got 10 minutes from their house when we received the call that Grandma died. Dad and I stayed until Wednesday and then returned, while Mom, Brian and my sister, Angela and her husband, Travis held down the fort at our house and finalized all the plans. Visitation was Thursday and the funeral was Friday.
I returned to Mom and Dad's house Friday night and went back to work on camp stuff on Saturday morning. Sunday through Saturday went as the usual blur of activity during camp.
Today we returned home and I'm writing this as I cool off after hanging clothes on the line. I have pictures that I would like to post as well as some of my treasured stories. I hope to catch up on those soon.
Well, that was a long short story. Beware of the long story!
1 comment:
Still waiting for more info!!
Post a Comment