Sunday, March 8, 2009

Exciting!

Guess what I get to do this Friday? Ok, some of you already know. I'll fill in for the rest of you.

I get to hop on a pressurized tube hurling through the air an airplane, land in Chicago for a bit with a final destination of New York City.

So, how did all of this occur?

Short story:  I flapped my mouth. 

Longer story: (still a condensed version)
A friend of mine (Kay) is going to New York to go to the New York Philharmonic concert. My response is always "Take me!"  (my friend Dee & I were trying to find a time to meet with Kay about band camp plans) Kay said she would love to take me, but the tickets were already sold out. We continued to visit when Kay told me that Dee and I should just meet her in New York and we could talk about camp there. She already had a room, we would just need airline tickets. A couple days later and a few more clicks of the mouse and Dee and I had tickets to New York.

Fast forward to last week. I get an email from Kay and she has tickets for us to Jersey Boys while she is at her concert! How cool is that?!

I'm taking my camera. Stay tuned next week - I'll have lots of pictures to share! Three moms, no kids taking on New York City. Should be an adventure... 

Speaking of the kids and the husband. The kids are going to my parents house and won't come back until Tuesday (I get home Sunday). What will I do for two days without kids? Where do I BEGIN is the better question! The poor husband is staying home with a "honey do" list. 

Disclaimer: He made it himself. Really! Just ask him. He's working on the basement windows. Probably with some beer. And a movie. Action adventure. Mark my words.

1 comment:

Angela Flies said...

I'm jealous. So - I'll try it...take me with you. I have a feeling it won't work.