We went to see our new little puppy with the hope of bringing her home in the next couple of weeks. When I called my mom's friend to set up our meeting time she told me that they had their shots and the vet ok'd them to go home with people. So, she said we could take our puppy home if we wanted which would save us a trip there later.
We met her and got to see all six Shih Tzu puppies. What a crate of cuteness! Panda immediately latched on to one of the little girls. Ladybug fell in love with another. My mom's friend told us that we really should get two since she was giving us a discount. I wasn't sure I wanted a boy and she had told me earlier that the other girl was spoken for. So, I told the girls that IF we were to get two they would have to choose one of the other puppies. That's when she told me that both girls were available. I asked her if she was sure - she could easily sell a second puppy, especially a girl, to someone else at a better price for her. But, she said she would love to see them go home with us if we wanted both. That is how we ended up with two. It is actually a wonderful thing. They are keeping each other company and have not whined except when hungry. They are so funny when they play too!
We couldn't decide what to name them. A friend suggested Laverne and Shirley. That got me thinking about the names Lucy and Ether (I love "I Love Lucy"). Ladybug wanted Lucy and Susan from Chronicles of Narnia, but Panda was stuck on "her" puppy being called Snuggles. We have Lucy and Snuggles. Who can argue with a 5 year old. :) Lucy is on the left above.
1 comment:
I am still laughing about this. My boys wanted to go visit the puppies Saturday afternoon the second I saw those pictures. Of course, we had just finished visiting someone at Wesley hostpital and were all TIRED. Soon!
Post a Comment