Thursday, December 16, 2010

December?!

Whoops, I fell off the "blog-wagon" again. Guess I'm just trying to see who REALLY loves me! There's a few of you left who have patiently (and some not so patiently) waited for the next post. Glad you aren't holding your breath!

It's been busy around here, to say the least! I have plenty to blog about, but most of the time lack the energy to get it done.

So, I'll summarize a few of the highlights in completely random fashion and hope to get pictures on here of some things soon.

*We spent Thanksgiving at Brian's brother's house with his side of the family. While we were there, we took the opportunity to surprise Brian for his 40th birthday. It was a true surprise since his birthday didn't fall until the middle of the next week! We had fun pulling that one off. And yes, I have pictures. :)

*I have been working on camp organization. I have all our guest artists hired and most of the returning staff, as well. I had some help from Brandon and have learned how to update the camp website. The registration form has been revised and should be ready for launch on the website in January. The work on the brochure and poster is coming along and will hopefully be completed soon.

*Meanwhile, registrations for the convention have been trickling in. Thankfully, I have that down to a science. I LOVE mail merge!

*The girls and I made sugar cookies Monday and will frost them tomorrow. Yummy! I'd better get back to exercising on the Wii... I haven't been as faithful as I wanted to be on that these days! But, I'm still faithful in eating the junk I shouldn't eat...

*I'm almost done with piano lessons for the semester. Then I hope to get to my Christmas preparations. Hopefully we can get the tree up this weekend and get some presents wrapped.

*Ladybug completed one part of her catechism review last night. She did an excellent job on her memory work! I'm very proud of the work she has been doing in catechism class. I look forward to her Confirmation in the spring!

*The girls continue to work hard on school work. It is nice that they can be independent on many of their tasks.

*We have enjoyed dog sitting this month. First, for my friend and her two cute shih tzu dogs. They are sweet dogs. And now, we have Brian's parents dog, JJ. Someday I hope to have an indoor "lap" dog. :)

That's all I can think of for now. Hopefully, I'll find my way back to my blog before January!

No comments: