Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sleepwalking

Here we go again.

I am married to a sleep walker. Ask me about our Europe trip sometime. Last year Brian ATE in his sleep. I know because we were having a bad season with ants getting into our house. I was keeping the kitchen meticulously clean. I always went to bed AFTER everyone else so that I could make sure everything was clean in the kitchen. One morning I got up and there was a finished bowl of ice cream full of ants. Ants were just streaming to and from that bowl. I was furious. How dare he leave that kind of thing for the ants. He had no idea. He was totally asleep.

I now have a child just like him. Monkey sleep walks. Tonight she did it again. The bad thing is - it's usually when she needs to use the bathroom. She gets up but has no idea where she is or what she is doing. So, tonight she made her way into my bathroom. Stepped up on the little step stool and emptied right there on the stool and my bathroom rug.

This is why I can never go to sleep early at night. When I even THINK of going to bed early, something like this happens. It was storms and no power last night. NOW, I'd better go to bed. 

1 comment:

Laura said...

Isn't heredity a wonderful thing!